Dog diarrhea is a common problem in dogs. In which the dog has widespread defecation. Although it is not so problematic, if the situation is serious, there may be a complaint of diarrhea.
In many cases, this problem can be severe and even dangerous, which is very important to have the proper treatment at the right time. Friends, we will know later that there can be different reasons for diarrhea in dogs.
Symptoms of diarrhea in a dog
Friends, dog diarrhea is very dangerous, which starts with common symptoms. If the condition worsens, then it can be severe and even fatal. To avoid such a situation, identify the symptoms and go to the vet immediately. So let’s know about the symptoms of diarrhea.
- Bleeding, mucus in the stool, straining or straining to have a bowel movement.
- Pain in the dog while passing stool, the sound of passing gas
- having bowel movements more than four times per day
- small bowel movements
- passing gas sound
- loss of appetite due to poor digestion
- having bowel movements two to four times per day
- Darkening of stools and burning when passing stools, weight loss
- excessive bowel movements
- loss of appetite
- mucus in stool
- severe abdominal pain
- high fever
- weight loss
- gas formation
Causes of diarrhea in dogs
Why do dogs get diarrhea, or for what reasons? In many cases, the cause of a dog’s diarrhea can be simple, which gets cured by home remedies or on its own. And for some reason, you may need a vet.
Also, Read – dog’s hair fall out reasons and solutions
- The most common cause. That is, food; yes, overeating food can also be harmful to the dog. And besides, most dogs still suffer from diarrhea if you change the food too quickly.
- We often have a desire in our mind to make our dog fat, healthy and healthy. We feed more protein nutritious food with vitamins like milk, chicken, mutton, fish, egg, etc., in large quantities, dogs also start having diarrhea.
- Infection is also a factor, and dog diarrhea can be any type of infection, bacterial or viral. Infection can be spread through contaminated water, food, or when you take your dog out for a walk. Sometimes they eat some unnecessary things, so they can also get an infection.
- Parvovirus is a dangerous and life-threatening cause of canine diarrhea in dogs and puppies. Along with diarrhea, the Parvovirus causes vomiting in dogs. If the condition worsens, vomiting and diarrhea also start bleeding; in this case, contact the veterinarian immediately. It is necessary to prevent Parvovirus, and all vaccines should be given to the dog as per the rules.
- Another cause of diarrhea in dogs is worms in their stomach. This worm weakens the dog’s digestive system and immune system, causing the dog to have frequent diarrhea. To avoid this, you must get the dog deworming done at the prescribed time.
Stop dog diarrhea home remedy.
Just as we humans resort to some home remedies to get relief from diarrhea, similarly, if the dog has a complaint of diarrhea, i.e., dog diarrhea, so with the help of some home remedies, you can give relief to the dog. The effect of these home remedies may vary according to each dog’s condition.
Due to regular diarrhea, the dog’s body may lose water, which is very important to compensate. You give your dog the required amount of water frequently so that with the help of water, you can protect the dog from dehydration due to lack of water.
- Low nutrition food
If your pup has diarrhea, you need to change his diet. If you give high protein food to the dog, you should provide plain food instead. Because during loose motion, dogs have problems digesting high nutritious food.
Fasting can also prove to be a perfect way to stop dog diarrhea. If a dog has moderate diarrhea, you can put him on a fast for 12 to 20 hours. By doing this, the dog will get a lot of relief from diarrhea; during the fast, the dog should also be given the required amount of water from time to time. Otherwise, their body may get dehydrated due to a lack of water. Do not use fasting on small dogs to prevent diarrhea.
Almost everyone will know about curd; curd has been used for many years as a home remedy to cure upset stomachs. The good bacteria present in it provide relief and coolness to the abdomen during diarrhea if your dog has diarrhea. So be sure to give it to your dog.
Pumpkin can be an excellent remedy. It has a high amount of fiber to help relieve dog diarrhea, which prevents water absorption from the dog’s body through feces during diarrhea. Boil the pumpkin and give it regular food.
In diarrhea, kurtas require a light meal. Rice is a great option. Carbohydrate is present in abundance in rice, which is very convenient for your dog to digest.
Dog diarrhea treatment
If your dog has persistent diarrhea, it has been more than two days. And the dog’s diarrhea shows signs of vomiting and blood. And you have tried all the home remedies, but still, the dog is not getting any benefit from diarrhea. Then it would help if you went to the vet. In this case, without delay, immediately contact the veterinarian.